Now it is autumn, the moisture content in the air is slowly decreasing, many people have dry lips at this time. What about lips? If the lips crack and skin are also very uncomfortable, and affect the beauty. What is the reason for dry lips? With doubt, let's look at the following article together!
What is the reason for the dry lips
1. Bad habit of often licking lips: many people like to lick their lips when their lips are dry, hoping to moisten their lips with saliva. In fact, this is not the right way. Licking the lips will only temporarily moisten the lips, and soon the lips will become more dry and dry, and biting the lips will aggravate the situation of dry cracks.
2. Did not develop the habit of Lip Balm: the reason why there is lip gloss, is to protect our lips, many people do not have the habit of lip balm, so the lips will be particularly dry and cracked, lack of water, there is no sense of wetness, so lip balm is a very important thing, especially for those who often dry mouth.
3. Choose the wrong toothpaste: there are many toothpastes that contain a substance called sodium dodecyl sulfate, which can cause skin dryness and itching, which can cause dry lips. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce the use of this kind of toothpaste in winter.
4. Dehydration: not drinking enough water and not enough water inside the body can lead to dry lips.
5. Allergy to metals: if vitamin B12 is taken too much, it may lead to cobalt allergy and dry lips. If you are allergic to nickel, do not let your lips touch metal products.
6. Used to breathing and sleeping with your mouth: Breathing often can definitely cause dry lips. People with cold or those with sleep problems can apply some lip balm before going to bed.
7. Eat too much citrus fruit: the acid content in citrus fruits can stimulate the lips, making them sensitive to the sun, leading to cracking.
8. Take vitamin A excess: daily intake of vitamin A too much, prone to lip dry side effects. In addition, taking certain drugs, such as heart, can dry the mouth.
What to do with dry lips
Drink water properly
If you're one of those people who can't get a glass of water all day, your lips can dry easily. The lack of water in our bodies naturally manifests itself in our skin. Therefore, drinking water is very basic. You should drink at least six to eight glasses of water every day, so as to maintain the normal operation of the body. Eating more vegetables and fruits can also replenish water.
Choose the right lipstick
Lipstick is a kind of cosmetics that most women like to use. Applying lipstick will make people look better. But when choosing lipstick, you can't just look at the color, but also choose the right texture. For example, their mouth is relatively dry, then should not use matte lipstick, avoid pulling dry, but should use a higher degree of moisture lipstick.
Don't lick your lips
Some people like to lick their lips when they're OK. Don't think it's just a small habit. In fact, it can cause dry mouth. Because salivary lysozyme is present in saliva, it makes the skin drier. Although licking the lips will immediately moisten the feeling, but in fact the saliva evaporation process will take away the moisture on the lips.
Regular lip application
The frequency of lip film is the same as that of facial mask. Lip care can be done on the three day. The lip membrane is usually jelly like, and it can be removed after 15 to 20 minutes. Of course, please refer to the description of the product you use according to the characteristics of different products.
Lipstick is good for lip protection, but the disadvantage is that it is easier to fall off, so regular lipstick is very necessary. Before going to bed at night, remember to rub the lipstick and sleep again, so that when you get up in the morning, you will find that the lips are very moist.
Many friends will encounter such a problem: no matter how the lip is hydrated, it is still dry. In fact, the reason is that the water is not added at all, because the waste cuticle of your lip is too thick. In this case, you can use the exfoliating product once a week regularly. Don't overuse it. When the waste cutin is removed, it will be easier to replenish water.
Lip protection with olive oil
We know that olive oil contains a natural skin care ingredient VE, which can help moisten the lips. And oily substance itself can help the skin lock in moisture. What's more, olive oil itself is easy to absorb, so you don't have to worry about it being greasy on your lips. The method of use is to apply olive oil to the lips and massage gently until absorbed.